Mariner East Pipeline Forum
What hazardous materials will flow through these pipelines?
- What happens in the event of a rupture?
- What is your escape plan?
- What legal paths are available to residents?
- Are more pipelines coming our way?
- All are invited: East Goshen, Uwchlan, West Whiteland, West Goshen, Westtown, Thornbury, Middletown, Aston... THE FIGHT IS NOT OVER!
Pipeline Safety Forum
Mariner East Project & Beyond!
May 4, 2017, 7:00 pm
East Goshen Township Building
1580 Paoli Pike, West Chester, PA 19380
Sierra Club, Safety First for East Goshen, Mobilization for Animals
People's Climate March
We are headed to the march. Watch for action shots HERE
Here's some photos of the awesome banners being made at the Art Build in Downingtown
Nasty Women's Art Show
Nasty Women art show at the Main Line Unitarian church, with a gala wine and cheese reception on April 30th. There is a nation wide movement of art shows to raise awareness and help support charities. There are even Nasty Women art shows in Australia and the UK.
The show is by 55 local artists expressing themselves about all the issues confronting us..immigration, climate change...etc, with proceeds from sales going to Planned Parenthood.
Mainline Unitarian Church, 816 Valley Forge Rd, Devon, PA
Reception: Sun, Apr 30, 2pm to 4pm
Show runs: Apr 23 to May 30 Mon-Fri 9am to 4pm, Sun 9am to 2pm
Ready For 100
Ready For 100 Chester County
In December, 2016, volunteer leaders from the Sierra Club of Chester County and 4CP (Chester County Citizens for Climate Protection) led a workshop on organizing a Ready For 100 program here in Chester County. We want your input. We want your help.
Ready For 100 is a national campaign focused on driving the demand for renewable energy from the bottom up by encouraging our municipal governments (large and small) to pledge, plan and commit to a transition to renewables in all phases of energy: electricity, transportation and heat. Before it's too late.
Go to the Ready For 100 project page for details and resources for our volunteers
To join the Suburban team, contact Lee Reinert (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Paula Kline (email@example.com)
Many cities and towns across the country (please watch the video below) have already taken the pledge to get to 100% Renewables. The team has prepared this one-page flyer to help get you up to speed about this important campaign.
Results of Q2 Planning Meeting
On Apr 2 a group of volunteers reviewed our achievements for Q1 and picked out some priorities for Q2. Nothing will happen without volunteer contributions. Join a project. Get engaged. Or start something yourself and let us know.
- Paint Chester County (firstname.lastname@example.org) - well on its way with posters in storefront windows and more than 15 artists already registered. This is going to be a great art show/fundraiser/open space advocacy event in the fall.
- Pipleline Event - (Bernie Greenberg - email@example.com) a pipeline safety forum at the East Goshen Twp Building is planned for May 4. .
- Highway Cleanup & Styrofoam Collection (Leslie, Jim) - is planned for Earth Day - Apr 22 (Styrofoam collection may be pushed to fall)
- Crebilly Farm advocacy (Ken) - there's an opportunity to push for a county or state park for this beautiful farm near 202/926. Currently owned by Toll Bros, but zoning has not changed yet. see http://www.neighborsforcrebilly.org/ Tabling event planned for Turks Head Festival - July 16. Volunteers needed.
- Brandywine Paddle - (Lee Reinert - firstname.lastname@example.org) dates in Aug are being tossed around.
- Watershed Conservation (Carol Armstrong) - partner with one of several water focused groups in the area. Perhaps a creek cleanup w/ focus on plastic collection. Looking at 3Q.
- Host a symposium for Environmental Advisory Committees (EACs) - (Paula Kline - email@example.com) invite Twp officials to attend, presentations on all kinds of (local) env issues/opportunities. Present RF100. Invite allied businesses to present. Plan to try to coordinate with Chester County Planning and DVRPC.
- Tree giveaway (Eva Wylie) - make a bulk purchase of trees, invite members to come pick up, plant on their property, prepare handout on importance of trees, carbon cycle, etc. Push to the fall.
- Env Book Club (Alexa) - meet periodically to discuss a book i.e. The Madhouse Effect by Michael Mann or Rancher, Farmer, Fisherman by Miriam Horn, environmental classics as well as current lit. We all are busy so this would be a relaxing book club, timewise and other wise.
- Schuylkill Water Stewards - join, sponsor, promote or otherwise help with the Schuylkill Water Stewards Volunteer program.
- Other ideas: Student outreach, Stroudt Water Research Tour, Riparian Buffer tree planting,
If you want to join the fun and make a difference, contact Jim at firstname.lastname@example.org
McAfee Farm, Summer Hammock - Ed Bacon
Please send an email to email@example.com if you have questions or suggestions about this website.
Click on the sections below to see what SCofCC has been up to, what we plan to do this year and info on how you can get involved.
Local Environmental Issues - our volunteers are tracking and combatting threats to our water, air, land and food
Pipelines & Pumping Stations
Open Space Preservation
Don't Spray Me
Zero Waste Experiment
2017 Calendar - current list of programs, outings, actions and meetings for this year.
Outings - our team is planning adventures
and outdoor education all around Chester County
What We Have Learned - some notes and slides from past programs
Movie Nights - invite the Sierra Club to show a film and discuss at your venue.
We have a collection of DVDs about current regional and global environmental issues. We would be happy to bring the film and lead a discussion about the issues. [Some film distributors require showing rights, but usually if the group is no more than about 20, this is not a problem.]
Here's our current lineup:
- Chasing Ice (climate change) - trailer
- The Dinner (sustainable food) - trailer
- Wisdom to Survive (climate change and faith) - trailer
- Green Fire (Aldo Leopold's land ethic) - trailer
- Lines of Evidence (climate change) - watch
- Food Inc. (where our food comes from) - trailer
- Flow (water quality) - trailer
- The Last Mountain (mountaintop removal coal mining) - trailer
Contact Jim (firstname.lastname@example.org) with film viewing requests.
What's The Buzz? - Twitter and FB feeds from Sierra Club outlets